An international bestseller from an extraordinary storyteller—get ready for Nihal and her world.** I have received my copy from the publisher via netgalley in exchange for an honest review.**
Nihal lives in one of the many towers of the Land of the Wind. There is nobody like her in the Overworld: big violet eyes, pointed ears, and blue hair. She is an expert in swordplay and the leader of a handful of friends that includes Sennar the wizard. She has no parents; brought up by an armorer and a sorceress, Nihal seems to be from nowhere.
Things suddenly change when the Tyrant takes charge. Nihal finds herself forced to take action when she is faced with the most difficult mission a girl her age could imagine.
Fierce, strong, and armed with her black crystal sword, Nihal sets out to become a real warrior. Readers will be riveted as she forges her powerful path of resistance.
If you're a sucker for beautiful book covers, unique names, wonderfully designed world and crystal clear descriptions then this book is definitely for you.
I have decided to request a copy because of the ff: reasons:
a. I love the cover & the title of the book not to mention the font used.
b. That beautiful eyes and ears intrigues me.
c. Nihal? What a unique name! I'm a sucker for unique names.
After reading this book, I immediately searched google if the other 2 books are already available in English. Sadly, they aren't available yet. Hopefully soon... please? I want it N-O-W!!
My thoughts about this book:
1. The author's description of what's happening are very clear that it's as if you're watching a movie. Ohh... This book is also MOVIE-WORTHY!
2. The pacing is just right.
3. WOMEN EMPOWERMENT!!
4. A lot of learning! If you want something even if it's not meant for your gender/status then don't give up and do your best.
5. I love SENNAR & SOANA! See? Unique names... (P.S. Nihal, Sennar cares for you a lot. I just hope that you'll give him a chance and FORGET about FEN or else...!)
6. Perfect translations, btw.
7. Dragons!!! This book somehow reminds me of Avatar. The part where they get their partner (the green flying creature).
8. Epic battles!
9. I love the world that the author built. Nihal's BLUE hair, PURPLE eyes and pointed ears! Oh how I wish I have those.
10. Well written to the point that it's not exaggerated.
I recommend this book to all fans of Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Eragon, Avatar and Narnia.
Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Nihal-Land-Wind-Chronicles-Overworld-ebook/dp/B00JBSBFV0
goodreads - http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22074449-nihal-of-the-land-of-the-wind
Barnes & Nobles - http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/nihal-of-the-land-of-the-wind-licia-troisi/1119054125?ean=9781480417960
Rating: 5 fairy wings
About the Author
Licia Troisi was born in Ostia, a little place by the sea near Rome. She’s been passionate about writing since her childhood. She took classical studies at high school and studied astrophysics in the university. She started to write her first trilogy, Cronache del Mondo Emerso (Chronicles from the Emerged World), at the age of 21.She got married in 2007 and is currently a PhD student in Rome. Music, movies and comics are among her interests.